This is the privacy notice of Tigerstripe Designs. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to Tigerstripe Designs.
We are Sole Traders based in United Kingdom. Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
What Information do we collate?
· Your Name
· Your Telephone Number
· Your Email Address
· Your IP Address
What this information is used for?
Your name is used to identify you and your query, placed with us on our website.
Your telephone number / email address will only be used to contact you about a previous query / inquiry or if you require assistance from our customer service team. It will NEVER be sold onto a third party. Your email address may also be used to send you our latest newsletters – only if you have subscribed to receive them and you can opt out of receiving them at any time. If you have signed up to our newsletter we will use information you have provided us to inform you of our latest products and special offers. You can opt out of our email subscription at any time through the email or by emailing our customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your details from our mailing lists.
Your IP Address is used to help assist us with fraud prevention and to obtain statistics (please see further explanation below).
We only share information with third parties who are trusted organisations. They are as follows:-
Gmail – to communicate with you via email
Mailchimp – to send newsetters (only if you have subscribed and you can unsubscribe at any time).
Sending a message to our support team
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on your behalf.
These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any other purpose than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
Cookies and Google Analytics
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as a day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
· to track how you use our website
· to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
· to keep you signed into our site
· to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
· to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team.
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded by google analytics
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
Our use of re-marketing
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products or services when you visit some other website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
Information we obtain from third parties
· Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
· No such information is personally identifiable to you.
Data may be processed outside the European Union
Our websites are hosted in United Kingdom.
We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.
Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
For example, some of the software our website uses may have been developed in the United States of America or in Australia.
We use the following safeguards with respect to data transferred outside the European Union:
· we comply with a code of conduct approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union, specifically that in the country of the United Kingdom
we are certified under an approved certification mechanism as provided for in the GDPR
· both our organisation and the processor are public authorities between whom there is either a legally binding agreement or administrative arrangements approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union relating to protection of your information
Access to your personal information
· At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us.
· To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at email@example.com.
· After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe to the email list, just click the 'unsubscribe' button at the bottom of the email.
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is an important step to safeguard your information.
Encryption of data sent between us
· We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
· Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
How you can complain
· If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
· to provide you with the services you have requested.
· to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities; We hold order details for 7 years to comply with HRMC tax regulations. However all information is kept securely at all times.
· to support a claim or defence in court.
Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.